AT-HOME YOGA PROGRAMME
Take self-care into your own hands by practicing yoga confidently according to your schedule
An At-Home Yoga Programme is a great way learn how to do yoga at home. Once you know what to practice, how to practice, and have someone qualified and experienced to support you, you can easily transform your health and well-being to positively impact your current reality and future.
Kundalini Yoga doesn’t involve mastering difficult postures. A typical routine involves breathwork, movement, stretching, chanting and active meditation (using breath patterns or mantra). There are literally thousands of kriyas and meditations in Kundalini Yoga that all have very specific effects on different people. Some Kundalini Yoga sets you can learn quickly as they are very user friendly. Based on your yoga aims, physical ability and daily time commitment, Hema will give you an At-Home yoga programme for 40 days. 40 days is typically the time it takes to form a new habit in yoga but you can continue your home practice for as long as you like. As well as meeting individual goals, each set is designed to strengthen the nervous system and balance the hormonal system for optimum health and wellbeing.
What You Will Receive
- a detailed questionnaire to determine your physical condition and lifestyle specifics
- a specific programme for you based on your yoga goals, physical ability and daily time commitment (anything from 10 – 90 minutes). You receive your programme in PDF format with concise instructions supported by pictures, with shorter and longer practice options.
- your programmer includes a kriya (yoga set) and a breathwork or active meditation specifically selected for you from the thousands of Kundalini Yoga kriyas and meditations, all bringing specific effects to different people.
- access to a simple online log to keep in touch for 40 days
- a 1-1 Skype or in-person yoga lesson to run through your programme which covers
- Introduction to Kundalini Yoga
- Essential basics
- Your yoga set
- Question & Answers
1) Are all the 40 day assignments the same?
No, I select a specific programme for you to practice based on your yoga goals, physical ability and daily time commitment and your responses to the questionnaire. You receive your programme in PDF format with pictures and concise instructions, with shorter and longer practice options.
2) Why 40 days?
This programme is packaged as a 40 day programme because Yoga says it takes 40 days to break habits and instigate change. In Kundalini Yoga we practice a Kriya (yoga set) for 40 days to get the maximal effects. You can absolutely continue with your personalised programme after this time on your own. In Kundalini Yoga it’s usual to go on for 90, 120, 1000 days a to further master the effects of a Kriya in consciousness.
3) Do I need to do the yoga/breathwork set every day?
The idea is you do something every day to build a yoga habit. You are offered a 3 minute option for days you can’t do the full set, but you’re asked to do at least this once or twice a day. Ideally, you should do your whole kriya and meditation set for cumulative effects on your physical, mental and spiritual energy.
4) I only have 10-20 minutes a day to dedicate to my yoga practice. Can I still participate?
Absolutely. The goal here is to help you establish a daily practice. A daily practice can be as little as 3 minutes a day. The important thing is that you do something each day.
4) I am not in good physical shape. Can I still participate?
Yes! The first step to strengthening the nervous system is breathwork. If you can breath, you can participate in the At-Home Yoga Programme.
5) What exactly is the nervous system?
The human nervous system is a combination of the brain, the spinal cord, nerve endings, glands, and internal organs. The term ‘nervous system’ refers to the way these components work together to send information to and from the brain to the rest of the body. In its most simple terms, it can be thought of as the way the brain and the body work together. As a metaphor, you can think of it as container. If your container is like a fragile, paper cup, you’ll feel easily overwhelmed and life can be experienced as difficult. If your container is like a strong, large metal bowl, you can handle the day to day stresses of life more easily, happily, and smoothly. The At-Home Yoga Programmes are designed to strengthen your nervous system, as well as balance your hormonal system, boost the lymphatic System and provide optimal mental, physical and spiritual fitness.
6) Can I afford this?
In order that anyone can take part, a sliding scale price is offered which means you decide what you pay according to your means.
To get started
Hema loves working 1-1 with committed individuals! Get in touch to see whether you and Hema are a good fit for each other.